Friday, January 17, 2020

Changes: A Last Kiss Goodbye

My wife of 26 years passed away on December 27,2019. Leaving me to raise three teenage kids, two of which are special needs on the autism spectrum. I wrote this on January 1,2020 the day after the service. At the time it was very therapeutic to write, but too painful to share until now.


A Last Kiss goodbye

Watching the slide show of my sweetheart that the lord called home last week. All I longed to do was give her a last kiss goodbye. 

I had a habit that sometimes drove her crazy, but I couldn’t leave the house without giving kissing her goodbye. If I got distracted or something I always had to kiss her again as I left. I always felt a goodbye kiss didn’t count unless one of us was in the process of leaving the house, the other kiss was just a bonus.

After she had passed when my family was standing at the door of the hospital debating on who was riding home with who I had to go back down the hall to the room where my Sandy’s body was in and give her one last kiss through the sheet covering her face.  Even though I had kissed goodbye a few minutes earlier through the sheet with the delay I was drawn back to her for a final kiss goodbye and to tell her once again that I loved her. I walked out to my brothers pickup and he drove me home where I started my expanded role of a parent and transferred many contacts and calendar from her phone to mine.

Against my wishes, but following her wishes she was cremated. I feel cheated from not being able to kiss her goodbye a final time. Even if it was just a kiss passed from my lips to my fingers to her lips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Benjamin on this topic. gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Benjamin so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them. Lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.